Delta Daze 2019 is August 2nd - 10th.
Once again we are going to Potato Slough Bedrooms 2 - 3 for the week. It's very informal, with boats coming and going throughout the week.
Cruise Out co-directors: Hal Lynam email@example.com and Mike Scheck firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Slough is close to Korth's Pirates Lair and Willow Berm Marina.
Korth's is great for dropping off & picking up people and you can leave your car overnight for $5. They have fuel, ice, garbage drop-off, and a cafe. There are one or two small general stores near the Delta Bay Club (about a mile walk from Korth's).
Willow Berm is just up the river about 1/4 mile, with fuel for deeper draft vessels, pump out, and guest docks. The casual restaurants The Lighthouse and Moore's Riverboat are adjacent to Willow Berm.
We try to have something planned for most days but leave plenty of time to do your own thing or just lay low and relax.
Guisti's, Wimpy's, Moore's Riverboat (for dinner and live music), Tower Park for ice cream, and an afternoon BBQ at Willow Berm Marina.
A Few Things to Remember
1) Update your charts
2) Weather and currents can make a huge difference on your trip up and back, so plan accordingly
3) Go slow, especially approaching the anchorage as there's usually a berm that you'll be crossing over at some point to get to the anchorage
4) You're going to be anchoring, so make sure your gear is in working order
5) Bugs...though not bad in recent years. If you don't have screens, pick up some screen material and cut pieces to fit your port-lights and hatches. It's a great project to kill time on the way up. Stick them up with blue tape and remove on the way home.
6) Bring lots of supplies including water (running watermaker isn't recommended)
7) Water toys are strongly recommended...kayaks, paddles boards, floating pool chairs etc.
We plan to head up on Friday or Saturday and return on Friday the 9th. We might break up the trip home with a stop at Pittsburgh YC. If your interested in doing this, email Mike Scheck email@example.com
That's it for now. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, requests or suggestions. We look forward to this cruise out with you!
Copyright 2019 Encinal Yacht Club All Rights Reserved Contact Webmaster